La Tarcoteca

La Tarcoteca

miércoles, 20 de septiembre de 2017

Patriotism - Poem Radical Glasgow's Anarchist Critic

Source- Poetry 1 | Radical Glasgow's Anarchist Critic

Patriotism

No, I shall not die for the fluttering flag,
if truth be known, ’tis nothing but a multi-coloured rag
held aloft by some foolish hand
inciting worker and peasant to kill
on some green and wooded hill,
peasant and worker from some other land.
Nor shall I shed blood for the fluttering rag
that brings out fools to stand and brag
of brutal deeds painted grand,
deeds where rustic and craftsman lie so still
killed by my brothers' misguided hand.
No allegiance have I for the Nation
this man made autocratic creation
that divides my brothers in a world so small,
binds us to a country's cause, right or wrong,
bids us follow its drum, sing its song,
then sheds our blood in some border brawl.
No, I'll be no slave to flag or nation,
have no ear for power oration,
though its iron heel is on my breast,
my back feels its leather thong,

at patriotism's barracoon, I'll be no guest.

1 comentario:

Loam dijo...

No matter what their colors are, all those who struggle against the system, capitalism and fascism, are in the same trench.

Health and class solidarity!